Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COOL!!!

COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5064

I love watching Buzzart play the bass during Bluegrass class...he knows exactly what to do...it amazes me... How is it set up? I mean the strings? What notes are they? :huh: and Hogpaws you can breath...I know it's too big for me...I couldn't even hold it up much less carry it...but if I were a few inches taller that would be an instrument I would like to try...;) (No, I'm not interested in the bass guitar ... something about the looks of the big bass that has me :P )
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Tigerpaws. Reason: forgot avatar
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5065

An upright bass was the next instrument on our aquisition list, til someone pulled the carpet out from underneath us. If we are ever able to aquire more instuments again, I might get a mandocello(and an upright bass!).
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5087

Its March 16th missed last week,
wondering what the songs of the week might be?
  • Buck
  • Senior Boarder

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5090

Buck - you are in the wrong section. Songs are posted each week under Fretmentor Songs, lessons and downloads
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5111

I agree - it's always impressive to watch an upright bass player - and nothing can beat the look of a classic upright bass - over an electric. Still puzzling to me how you can figure out the notes without frets to guide you. Is it simply experience? & you know where to go with the fingering? or do you hope that you just get close enough to the correct note?
Would like to hear from the class experts.

I admire anyone who is brave enough to take on an upright bass - but I still don't understand - how do get it into a car??
  • ponhook_pickers

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5113

Ponhook not only is he fitting it into a car...it's a MINI-COOPER!!!! and he also brings his banjo...I'm totally amazed...
I imagine it is pretty much like the fiddle...after a while the fingers just know where to go....but what is the set up???? G D A E like the fiddle and mando? :huh: (probably not!!)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds