Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COOL!!!

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5116

The Bass is set up with the strings tuned reversed from the mandolin/fiddle thus the skinny string is a G the second a D, third A and fourth (fat string) an E. You really have to think about it if you play mandolin/fiddle, although, Henry seems to be able to play anything. Of course all of the Bass's strings are tuned several (?) octaves below the mandolin tuning.

Perhaps Henry ought to give us a little demo on playing the Bass which should include the technique he uses to get it into his Mini-Cooper.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5118

Double Bass is tuned same as electric bass guitar, in fourths. Like bottom four strings of a guitar, just lower. EADG low to high. No frets? I struggle too. But fiddles don't have them either......
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5120

I think i am a pretty good faker. I read a few articles and have some nice play along DVD's. That goes for bass and banjo. I told myself that when i quit the gym , i would use that money for music lessons. well?.. I think i know some of the basic 1,4,5 stuff, after that it's up in the air. Say for instance, i thought it was tuned to fifths, but i get confused about why the cicle of fifths turns into the circle of fourths when you go counterclockwise?
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 1 month ago #5136

Buzzart, now you are really confusing me. How does the Circle of Fifths relate to getting your bass into the Mini-Cooper?
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 4 weeks ago #5167

I'm glad you asked me that.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:COOL!!! 13 years 3 weeks ago #5187

How about a class (maybe just 15 min.) on the bass - just to show us the principles?
- a demo from the owner?

Then after class - we could all gather outside to watch him put it into his Mini-Cooper!
  • ponhook_pickers
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds