Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The comfort that comes with experience

The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4964

I am seeing that, as we all gain more experience, we are getting more comfortable with our abilities. Maybe not to a great extent just yet, but its definitely noticeable compared to when I first started in this group. Seems we're better able to handle the curves that FM throws at us (probably because of the curves he throws at us).
Here's 3 guys that most of you know who area at total ease with each other when performing. Would be really cool to get even halfway to that level.

• palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4967

well I've been playing with this group for about a year now and feel that there has been a noticable improvement with my comfort level as well as being able to play with others.It probably comes from trying to keep up with the guy at the front of the class and practice and of course, posting.
  • timgivens
  • Senior Boarder

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4969

This is my second year in the class - I agree with all the reasons above.
I like the way FM keeps changing it up - always a different format, eg a big circle or maybe a smaller circle of 4-5. Sometimes outside the group - you might actually find yourself in either situation - playing with a lot of others or maybe just 4-5.

The last posting mentions the 'postings' as one of the reasons & it's true. The Forum is valuable to me for 2 reasons - 1) I find out how everyone else is doing and handling 'performing with others' and 2) if I post - I get easier choices in class!!
  • ponhook_pickers

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4974

My AAR ( after action review):
1. not strong enough with leadership role. I wanted to start at a slower tempo but did not get that communicated to the group before a geetar player took off on his own. Perhaps a quick hum of the first verse would have been helpful

2. I could have pointed out there are only two chords G and D.

2a. I had a brain freeze trying to get started

3. endings... huh
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4976

I watched this video and it is the first time I have seen the Kruger Brothers. Fabulous. I knew every song they played including the Russian melody that reminded me of my grandmother who emigrated here at the turn of the 20th century. Are these the same guys who are coming down this year for the FM folks?
  • Jay
  • Junior Boarder

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4977

The Kruger Brothers cme down last year to do a weekend workshop that FM organized. It was a really great learning experience, and included a concert later that same weekend. Not sure if there are any plans for a repeat this year, but if there was I'd definitely be interested.
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds