Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The comfort that comes with experience

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4979

I think the curve ball we were thrown last class exposes the need to be a bit more organized and not feel rushed into beginning a song without first deciding the chords,the tempo,who will begin who will take the first break and how we will end it.

I thought it was a good excersize.
  • timgivens
  • Senior Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4980

The workshop was AMAZING. They are inspiring, and some of the happiest people I have ever met.
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4987

Is the workshop happening again..if so, when?
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4988

I like the way you put it "brain freeze" I also had that happen to me last week. I practiced Dark Hollow for hours, even 30 minutes befor I got to the studio. Their were two people on the other side of the room, and I completly forgot what I did 30 minutes ago. Brain Freeze. I find that unacceptable.
  • sparks
  • Expert Boarder

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4992

I've also been playing in the group for more than a year (closer to 18 months. The biggest confort level I've noticed is that I'm not nearly as worried about messing up in front of the group - so I'm a little more at ease - regardless of whether curves get thrown at us or we throw them at ourselves.

Re:The comfort that comes with experience 13 years 2 months ago #4994

I agree with the comment of - 'the curveball thrown at us - & how it points out the need for us to slow down at the beginning'.

If there is a 'team leader' then their job might be to state which key we play in, the order of breaks (not everyone wants to do them or can), and perhaps get the song started. Once started, only the players should be responsible for passing on the break via eye contact.

Most songs require parts 1 & 2 to be played twice - and only the current player knows best - when they are finishing - so should take the initiative for eye contact. I don't see anything wrong with organizing who takes the breaks & in what order - before the song is started - although FM may not like this! After all - we are still works-in-progress!
  • ponhook_pickers
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds