Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does this happen to you?

Does this happen to you? 15 years 6 months ago #231

When practicing at home, you know the songs, but when you get to class, you can't remember how to play them. How do you handle that situation?
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Does this happen to you? 15 years 6 months ago #232

just try to stay relaxed and dont worry about mistakes, it will come to you.
  • jim
  • Senior Boarder
  • jim bennett

Re:Does this happen to you? 15 years 6 months ago #234

I suffer from the same issue. At first it realy bothered me, but now I just fight through it and do the best I can. Our classmates have been real supportive.;)
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Does this happen to you? 15 years 6 months ago #235

It happens to everyone !! So..should we just stay at home by ourselves and play all alone? Nope..each week gets a little easier to play in front of the class..but that seems to be where all the mistakes come out ! Just know that we are all in the same boat..we are lucky to have this class to practice in !
Find a good DVD with the songs on it and pactice at home with it..
  • banjochick

Re:Does this happen to you? 15 years 6 months ago #241

It happens to me all the time too. And last week, with all the new people (which is really great) my first thought was how difficult it was going to be playing in front of the new class. There was a certain comfort level playing (and making the mistakes) in front of the same people week after week. But as we started playing in front of everyone something different happened. I was still stumbling through my lead break but I kind of lost track of everone around us and it wasn't so bad. I guess that's progress. My wife keeps telling me to visualize myself playing the way I do at home. That seems to help too. We're all going to get there one day. Maybe sooner than we think!
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Does this happen to you? 15 years 6 months ago #244

ps..it is also very helpful to play the song over and over and over...like we do in our practice groups..The repeated playings help us to work out our mistakes..and it "starts" to become memory..rather than depending on the tabs..we can then concentrate on listening to how we are playing vs.concentrating on what tab we need to follow,
  • banjochick
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds