Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mental Glitch

Re:Mental Glitch 14 years 9 months ago #1496

I don't know if I'd ever played a song mistake free. To me, it's about being pushed outside the box. That's why I'm here. I thrive on the challenge of overcoming a mistake!:blink: I think that's why I'm addicted to our class. I certainly can't bragg about my performances but I can't wait for the next one!
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mental Glitch 14 years 9 months ago #1507

Last night I had my mental glitch: I couldn't remember the chord changes, added chords that weren't part of the song, forgot the chord sequence.....oh my :ohmy:
Usually I'm pretty good playing just rhythm, and just mess up on the lead.....I think I need to get the chords down pat. I concentrate on learning the leads and on most tunes can't play the chords off the top of my head.....:blush:
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Mental Glitch 14 years 9 months ago #1508

Mutzie, don't sweat it....it happens! One of my favorite songs in that class if not my favorite one is Dark Hollow. I learned it so long ago and I know the chords like I know my name....yet that's the song I butchered last week. My brain took an unexpected vacation....and I'm sure it will happen again....so be teflon and let it slide...;) there's still next week. :kiss:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Mental Glitch 14 years 9 months ago #1511

I got mentally dysfunctional on Simple Gifts Wed. night. How can you mess up a 2 chord song? I hadn't practiced all week, so i guess it showed. Somehow, my fingers tripped on the change from D to G. Thats what happens when you're over confident and cocky!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Mental Glitch 14 years 9 months ago #1519

I know all about mental glitches. I try to relax and think of other things while I play, like off doing some fishing........... hold it this isn't a fishing rod...it's a banjo what's going on !!!
  • brilind

Re:Mental Glitch 14 years 9 months ago #1527

I have never had so many glitches since I joined this class.:) This last week, my fingers kept getting tied up with one another and I couldn't seem to move them to the correct chords on the rhythm part of "Amazing Grace" even though I've practiced that tune like hundreds of times. Actually, this is part of the reason I'm in the class, because it's unpredictable and fun, even though I've butchered just about every tune I play in there. I do see myself improving little by little and I am not as scared as I was the first time I was in the class.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds