Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Intonation?

Intonation? 15 years 5 months ago #354

I've recently noticed a condition in both of my guitars that never seemed to bother me before but now drive me nuts. I'll tune up and notice that as soon as I play a chord something doesn't sound quite right. I thought my tuner was screwed up. So I turn on the tuner, form a chord, and play each string arpeggio style. Guess what, the fretted strings are off just a hair. You know...like that eyelash sitting in the corner of your eye. Can this be fixed? I hope so. Though a new guitar would be nice, I just spent all my cash on a big screen.
Any suggestions?
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 15 years 5 months ago by espian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Intonation? 15 years 5 months ago #355

Espian

If the intonation is not set correctly, accurate tuning on the entire fingerbaord cannot be recognized.

Could be an issue with the bridge. I assume you are talking an acoustic and not an electric. Electric guitars have adjustable saddles, where each string can be individually intonated. Most acoustic guitars have a fixed saddle and thus, I would recommend you have a qualified luthier examine and adjust the saddle on an acoustic.

What I suggest is that you discuss the matter with a luthier. You have to decide whether the guitar is worth putting more money into it. Ask them for a free estimate. If the work seems high, you might want to invest that money into a better guitar (which I can help you with)

PS .. wasn't that the same TV you were giving as a christmas gift to www.fretmentor.com?
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds