Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Frustrated!

Frustrated! 8 years 3 weeks ago #8529

:unsure:
I am totally not understanding the Tef Reader or how to read music. I also cannot figure out the strumming patterns. I can make chords but beyond that, I'm lost. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Rebecca
  • Leodog70
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Frustrated! 8 years 3 weeks ago #8534

Can you be a bit more specific? Are you able to bring up the tabs (tablature) on the tef reader? If you can, then the tabs represent the 6 strings on the guitar and the numbers represent which fret to put you finger on. The tabs in the tef files show primarily the leads to the songs. The strumming patterns for playing rhythm are not really shown, other than to show which chords to play. When playing chords, you should alternate a bass note from the chord (on string 4,5, or 6) with strumming the 3,2,and 1 strings, as in bass-strum-bass-strum-bass-strum etc. Hope this helps. Maybe you can provide more details about what you're having trouble with.
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leodog70

Frustrated! 8 years 3 weeks ago #8536

I just don't understand how to use the Tef system. I played some of the songs we are supposed to learn and the Tef files sound nothing like the actual song. I also don't understand the strumming patterns. Maybe I have a learning disability, which is very possible. Maybe I should find a new hobby. :unsure:
  • Leodog70
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Wayne

Frustrated! 8 years 2 weeks ago #8540

No need to pass on the greatest hobby you are currently doing. Give it time.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leodog70
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds