Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Song Lyrics

Song Lyrics 15 years 1 month ago #727

Singing can be as much fun as playing so I tried to round up the lyrics to most of the songs we play in class. So far I've got Wildwood Flower, Cripple Creek, Old Joe Clark, John Hardy,
Dark Hollow, Arkansas Traveler, Soldier's Joy, I'll Fly Away, Cluck Old Hen and Sailor's Hornpipe.

Some songs are a little too "nice" for me to enjoy so I skipped Simple Gifts and instead of Will the Circle be Unbroken I substituted Eric Von Schmidt's "May the Serpent be Housebroken". I have not been able to find lyrics for Ragtime Annie but some claim that its a variation of Lillie's Bordello and I couldn't find that either.

If you can't find the lyrics or you forget them, you can always make them up. If its good enough for Von Schmidt, its good enough for me.
  • axelhead
  • Senior Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Song Lyrics 15 years 1 month ago #728

It's pretty hard to beat an original. Tunes like Will the Circle, and Amazing Grace are deep songs of conviction and faith. They tell a story. I'm glad Dave includes them in our study. And the only reason i can't graduate from them is because i haven't learned how to play them with the same life and depth they speak of! That may take a lifetime!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Song Lyrics 15 years 1 month ago #736

I would love the lyrics to "May the Serpent be Housebroken". That is cool!! When I don't know the lyrics to a song I'm playing, I "sing" the tab, silently in my head, but having words would be better.
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds