Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ANOTHER SINGALONG!

ANOTHER SINGALONG! 12 years 2 weeks ago #6643

Hogpaws and I did another Sing-along at my mom's assisted living facility and guess since we've done it a few times as soon as they saw us go visit my mom they wanted to know when the "show" was going to be. Guess it gave us a little feel of what "groupies" do to big stars....:laugh: Once again, it was a great experience. We get more out of this than they do, and they don't realize it. Such happy faces, especially when we do a song that has meaning to them... Wouldn't trade that feeling for anything....We've added a couple of Don-Ho's songs (Hawaiian, just to add variety) but didn't think they would even recognize them. Were we wrong.....one gentleman started singing soooo loud he drowned us all out! LOVED it! :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:ANOTHER SINGALONG! 12 years 2 weeks ago #6644

Yeah, same here. I and my teacher played at a nursing home up in Stuart last Valentine's Day for a dinner they were having for the residents. We played alot of older movie tunes, Cole Porter, Frank Sinatra, Fred Astaire, that sort of thing. It was really fun, and every one loved it (well, except one lady:)). I used to watch alot of the movies that those songs were in with my grandfather, so it brought back alot of awesome memories.:) I also played for some kids down at a christian school in west palm during their chapel lesson. It was really awesome, especially since some of the kids took lessons too, so it was fun answering their questions. And then some of the kids had never seen a violin in person before, so it was so cool to share my music with them.

I've never really felt as nervous as some people as far as performing goes. Don't really know why. Probably because being the center of attention has always been my forte.;) It's fun!!:)
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......

Re:ANOTHER SINGALONG! 12 years 2 weeks ago #6645

Thats why your so cool when doing a song in class, God Bless.

I DO feel nervous, when playing in front of our Wednesday nite group...but not in front other people. I think its because I dont care if I mess up a song in front of other people because I know they wont notice the mistake.....but in class I worry about messing up the song for everybody else.....would like to get over that. Need to practice more with a metronome. You and the Paws (Tiger AND Hog) are inspiring.
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:ANOTHER SINGALONG! 12 years 2 weeks ago #6646

You don't need to be nervous, dcone!!!:) You play really well. And keep in mind, in class most of us are probably too busy focusing on our own playing to notice the mistake. Trust me, I make plenty of them.;)
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Last Edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by God bless the USA!. Reason: To add a coma, or not to add a coma???

Re:ANOTHER SINGALONG! 12 years 2 weeks ago #6652

Just wanted to say the blues class extension has been tremendous. My playing struggles, but the teaching offers a challenge that encourages me to want know more about the banjo.
  • Buck
  • Senior Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds