Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Passing the lead to another player?

Passing the lead to another player? 12 years 7 months ago #6016

When playing a song with others when does one pass the song to the next player. Does the next person come in after the second ending, or after the lead up to the second ending?

Chick
  • Chick
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Passing the lead to another player? 12 years 7 months ago #6021

That's a good question. I think usually FM wants us to keep eye contact during the solo you're doing and communicate that you want to pass the song then (it is actually very difficult for me to do this, especially when trying to play a lead, but I try to look up every once in a while). The actual passing of the song happens after the end of the solo you are playing, of course.

Or alternatively, your group could arrange it all before you come in to play the song. Oops! Did I say that? Must be temporary insanity :) :laugh:

Re:Passing the lead to another player? 12 years 5 months ago #6323

Try playing the entire song w/ rythmn only...3 times while hearing the lead in your head. After a few more times you'll be able to pop in anywhere on your rythmn with the lead. That has helped me to be able to look up at others more comfortably while playing lead or fill in where someone has forgotten it mid-way through theirs. If you get what I mean, it might help:) Try it!!
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Passing the lead to another player? 12 years 5 months ago #6326

What is the correct way to write, “there are three two’s in the English language”.
  • AnapotValencia
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds