Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ANOTHER SING-ALONG!

ANOTHER SING-ALONG! 12 years 9 months ago #5632

So my mom had her 89th birthday July 1st and for her birthday gift she just wanted another sing-along....How could we say no....??? :huh:
So we prepared another group of songs and added her requests (we are now up to 29 songs). This time even my brother-in-law (the twins' dad) participated by playing his "musical washboard metal tie". This is an assisted living facility in Baton Rouge where my mom has her little private apartment. We are very lucky that our mom is quite healthy and has a very sharp mind....but not so for some of the other residents who don't even have visitors often...So we go all out bringing the booklets so they can follow the songs, goodies (sugar free too for those with diabetes) and american flags as it was also a celebration the 4th of July. I'm writing all this so that if you are wondering what you can do with your music...you may want to give something like this a try! Folks in these facilities are the best audience you can find! So grateful and so willing to participate! When the patriotic songs come along you can see the pride in the veteran's faces....and how happily they sing....It's so rewarding that we always feel they have done something for us and not the other way around. If anyone is interested in doing something like this around here....count us in (Hogpaws and me.) We are not singers....but it's like when we were young going to summer camp....singing loudly fun songs that everyone knows. When it's over, no one wants to leave....what a special treat! :) And my mom is "queen for the week"...a win win situation~:kiss:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Last Edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Tigerpaws.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds