Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Student Band Performance

Student Band Performance 12 years 10 months ago #5544

I would be interested in getting together with a group to work on a presentation. Think about it for this weeks class? Perhaps a student band performance could be a regular addition to the session.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Student Band Performance 12 years 10 months ago #5548

Great idea Henry. I was reluctant to commit in class --half-way raising my hand when Fretmentor asked---finding time to practice outside of class would be a challenge for me, unless it's on a Saturday, which can be sketchy for me cuz i race every other Saturday. Worship on Sunday, private lesson on Monday, Tuesday is negotiable, Wednesday is bluegrass class, Thursday church band practice, Fridays are doable if i'm not working a Sheriff's detail, and alot of Fridays are date night with my wife. We are so busy at my house my wife says if it's not on the calendar in red ink, it doesn't happen. And believe me, if i commit to something and it isn't on that calendar, i hear about it! (she's graceful in her delivery of course)
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Student Band Performance 12 years 9 months ago #5612

Buzzart410, i think we have a new motivation to get together for practice. Andrew Baughman, Mary, Stacey, we need to come up with a name for the band. We can also come up with places to practice (sorry Stacey, not going to Chicago)But you can play in spirit. We have a good tune with Loch Lomond, i noticed when i practiced this morning it falls nicely under your fingers, with the possible exception of the Bm part, but not too worry, we will do well. Think of a name!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Student Band Performance 12 years 9 months ago #5613

Dave, looking forward to the song.. I told you my shedule.. However, you know I'll be practicing like crazy. Maybe you could start a thread just for this group. Some ideas... post a tempo we could use to set our metronomes. At least we would all be on the same page. Intros and endings...? I am not wearing a skirt! a little scotch.maybe.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Student Band Performance 12 years 9 months ago #5614

Been practicing my scales at 40 BPM, i'll do the same for this tune. It's a slow tune anyway, maybe it's real speed is around 80-100. Lets stay at 40-50 BPM,and if we can gather in the lot next Wed we'll see where we're at. We can find a suitable G tag lick for the ending. What times are you available for practice? I didn't see that in your post.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Student Band Performance 12 years 9 months ago #5615

Hello Group 4 - Just give me a date, time and place for the practice and I'll be there.
  • MMandy
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds