Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!!

WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!! 13 years 3 months ago #4725

Our second "Singalong" at my mom's Assisted Living Facility was really fun...This time I wasn't nervous as we had already "performed" for this audience and they are very receptive...not to mention the songs were Christmas Carols and they really could sing those. We played and sang Oh Holy Night, Silent Night, Jingle Bells, Let There Be Peace On Earth (my mom's favorite) and a few other fun ones... The hit of the day was "Grandma got ran over by a reindeer", acted out by my other sister and one of her twins...but our repertoire wasn't very long...so when we finished they asked us to play some more....and "what do you know"....Hogpaws and I started playing the songs from our Bluegrass Class and the ones we had performed at the first "singalong" and I didn't even blink....I could do it!!! Surprised myself....guess FM is right.....the more we do it ....the easier it gets...
Happy New Year to you ALL!!! :)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!! 13 years 3 months ago #4763

Alcohol helps (but only to a point!!)
  • ckinzel

Re:WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!! 13 years 3 months ago #4770

Also for that type of crowd repetition won't hurt, they won't remember. My mother, who is 81, likes to tell me that she can re read books she has read before as if for the first time these days, since she usually doesn't remember reading them before. At least she still has her sense of humor. ;-)
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!! 13 years 3 months ago #4781

Not to mention their "hearing"....one of the ladies loves the singalongs...but she turns the hearing aid off because "she likes it better that way..." :lol: (I Think she goes for the tea and cookies :P )
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds