Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Slowing it down

Slowing it down 13 years 10 months ago #3498

I really enjoyed last night's class - particularly the fact that everyone was directed to focus on beginnings and endings and to PLAY SLOW. Playing at a confortable pace was obvious - all the groups did a good job, sounded good - and even had beginnings and endings. Playing the songs a little slower allowed some players (like myself) to take a lead a do a decent job with it, and generally, made for cleaner performances all around.

Well done to all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Slowing it down 13 years 10 months ago #3499

I agree. My biggest problem is timing and keeping to a beat, and when I have been in a group that goes fast previously, I have found myself having trouble keeping up and staying consistently with the beat. I did not have that problem last night. I really liked the endings that everyone came up with too. Good work!

Re:Slowing it down 13 years 10 months ago #3503

I enjoy the slow pace much more than I used to. I still have to fight the urge but I am really working on it. If you can't play each note clearly and cleanly the song is being butchered. Very relaxing, like being in a recliner.
  • brilind

Re:Slowing it down 13 years 10 months ago #3506

I also enjoyed the slow pace. I felt like I actually kept the beat and managed to play. I appreciated everyones' encouragement. My group was a lot of fun. I don't know if it was the slow pace or the fun spirit of the group ....What ever, it worked.
  • deafstrum
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Slowing it down 13 years 10 months ago #3514

Your focus on the song is what made it work Deafstrum! What you did, I fed off of and, visa versa! We were all 3 focused on creating a beginning, staying together at a slow and even pace, and delivering an ending! and we did it in 10 minutesB)
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Slowing it down 13 years 10 months ago #3515

Your note ;) taken. We knew our beginnings and endings. You're right, good job everybody.

Andrew Baumann wrote:
I really enjoyed last night's class - particularly the fact that everyone was directed to focus on beginnings and endings and to PLAY SLOW. Playing at a confortable pace was obvious - all the groups did a good job, sounded good - and even had beginnings and endings. Playing the songs a little slower allowed some players (like myself) to take a lead a do a decent job with it, and generally, made for cleaner performances all around.

Well done to all.
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds