Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: talk about fast

talk about fast 13 years 10 months ago #3465

This past weekend I heard Ricky Skaggs on the radio on Prairie Home Companion playing "How Mountain Girls Can Love."(an old Ralph STanley tune).
Of course he plays the mandolin, but he had a banjo player named Justin Moses.....wow, did he pick at lightening speed.

I looked it up on youtube, but that particular performance wasn't listed. But there was one they did at the Greyfox Bluegrass Festival in 2009, but it was a different banjo player, and the banjo wasn't featured in the same way as the one I heard this weekend. Nevertheless, it's worth checking out on youtube. There is also an old version by Ralph Stanley, which is also good, but interesting to note played slower.
There is also a video on youtube of Justin Moses playing "Big Mon"......, but he's playing the guitar not the banjo. Apparently he's a multi-instrumentalist, equally good on several instruments. Anyway, I love the tune of How Mountain Girls can LOve. There's also one of Skaggs playing it with a group of other musicians including Allison Krauss....it's also pretty cool.:cheer:
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:talk about fast 13 years 10 months ago #3468

Hey Gogogal...You made me curious....so I went to YOUTUBE. Here's the "original" video you were talking about...not the one from the radio, but if others are as curious as me they can now see/hear the song you were talking about without leaving this site :laugh: I know it's not the fast version you heard....but it is the song nevertheless! ;)

• Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds