Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: lead- ins

lead- ins 13 years 10 months ago #3427

While listening to my Willie Nelson "16 Biggest Hits" cd (recorded in 1989), I noticed that he (or someone) uses a lot of lead-ins on his songs. Esp. the bass lead-ins that we were practicing in class last week. Whether you like Willie or not, try and listen to this cd, and listen for the lead ins, esp. on Blue Eyes Cryin in the Rain, My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys, and Angel FLying Too Close To The Ground. Also notice how S L O W he does Blue Skies, Blue Eyes, and Cowboys. To me the orchestration on this cd is really great. Even if you don't like Willie, just listen to the music.....I think you'll appreciate it.

I think last weeks class was really instructive. I especially liked going over the lead-ins on "Circle"....it helped me to practice them at home. Also, I think everyone playing together in a circle allows us to be less self-conscious and less "afraid" to make a mistake. I hope it continues.:blush:
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:lead- ins 13 years 10 months ago #3429

GoGogal, i actually like Willie Nelson, he seems to be sort of an ecentric individual, he was playing live with an acoustic guitar with a giant hole hammered into the top, just below the bridge. It had a unique sound,like a muted capo'd sound....
But i will be practicing lead ins---i appreciated fretmentor showing us those little embellishments.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:lead- ins 13 years 10 months ago #3439

I saw Willie and Leon Russel play at the Sunrise Theatre in Ft. Lauderdale many years ago....great memory!!
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:lead- ins 13 years 10 months ago #3441

We all saw Willie open for John Fogerty here at the WPB fairgrounds amphitheater(the one that keeps changing names) a few year back. I am not a big country music fan but he was pretty good, although he did a sort of perfunctory performance. He has some great songs and a great band, though.

As a contrast, John Fogerty was 100% balls to the wall on fire!! Great showman.
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds