Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 11/12/08 Bluegrass Class

11/12/08 Bluegrass Class 15 years 5 months ago #337

I really enjoyed being able to pick the song we were going to play. Knowing in advance what to practice before next week helps to relieve some of the anxiety. I hope we have the chance to pick our songs again. The people that have been through the class a couple of times have the opportunity to play something a little more challenging, while us beginners can work the kinks out of Amazing Grace and I'll Fly Away!
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:11/12/08 Bluegrass Class 15 years 5 months ago #340

I agree with pinky57 about making a song choice before we are split into groups......so you can have a better chance of participating fully, and taking a lead break rather than just playing rhythm. I will offer my humble opinion that if I knew the proposed 5-6 songs selections a week (or more) ahead, I could focus on 2 or more and not 15-20 for which I have no time and therefore become less enthused.
If I complete this class playing 3-5 songs reasonably well, I'll be far happier than playing 20 half-@$$'d like I do now!
  • JimJoyce
  • Junior Boarder

Re:11/12/08 Bluegrass Class 15 years 5 months ago #341

I'm happy just to have the 5-6 songs listed on thr board when we enter the classroom. There are only 10 or so songs on the 2 CD's, so we pretty much know where to concentrate our practice efforts. There are many different levels of ability in our group, so with 5 or 6 songs to pick from, I'm sure there will always be something everyone is comfortable playing. Like Dave said, practice what you are familiar with, and add a new song every week(if you can). I don't mind playing Amazing Grace over and over, I want to get it right. But there are a couple of other songs I can do if there isn't room for me in that group. Every week, it gets a little easier to get up in front of the class. Having a choice when I get to class makes it easier still.
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds