Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What i appreciate as a student

What i appreciate as a student 13 years 11 months ago #3364

As a student of the guitar, i have to say i appreciate an instructor like the fretmentor that "puts it out there." I think as students of music, we need to be reminded of the basics, and why we're there. Last night, i could sense the fretmentor's passion for teaching music, and his willingness to pass the skills on to us.
I know when i originally talked mtself into signing up for fretmentor's bluegrass class, i was scared to death. Then, when i came in and saw you guys play, i thought for sure i was over my head. But i actually learned that everyone was alot of fun to play with, and the experienced players were actually good teachers as well. Then, i found out that there were actually players at my level. Very cool!
Even though i haven't taken any private lessons from the fretmentor yet (i still plan to), i feel like i have grown musically since a few years ago when i took fretmentor's guitar 1 class. I think we have a unique opportunity, and at $4.50 or so a lesson, i dare you to find a better deal. All i know is that as a student, i like this class, feel alot more comfortable, and enjoy learning to play with others.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:What i appreciate as a student 13 years 11 months ago #3366

The last classes circle was very good. Maybe we need to do more of the circle, working on basic skills, rather than the small groups. It would be good to pick a song for the next week, work on endings for all instruments, practice lead ins etc. Different people and instruments can start and end. The problem with practicing at home is time and if you get stuck its hard to learn.
  • brilind

Re:What i appreciate as a student 13 years 11 months ago #3370

I know that I will miss the class and all that is offers to me. My extremely high stress life is forced to leave me alone for that time, and it is invaluable to me. Class gives me a chance to learn from Fretmentor, and from other aspiring musicians and also a chance to leave the outside world behind. It is the cheapest therapy I have ever experienced. Fretmentor is passionate about music and about teaching. We are being given a unique opportunity to learn in a setting that I am quite certain is not common. Thank you to all of the regulars in that class for making me feel welcome, and a part of the group. Most of all thank you to Fretmentor for guiding me musically.
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds