Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Listening

Listening 15 years 5 months ago #330

Hi All,

First I just want to say I love playing music together and our class is great.

In many ways our class is the same as playing music. You have to listen all the time, if you want to catch everything that is being taught or played, and then, when the time is right, you too may play a few notes...or a rhythm....or a song...
listening - 100%
playing/singing/talking - less than 100%

that is what the recording is/was all about...having a chance to listen...to see what works and what doesn't....

i find musicians and people who love to listen to music, incredibly generous and appreciative...ever notice when you walk through an airport and you see someone with a guitar and you think just slightly nicer thoughts about them than the average person with luggage???? ha!
i saw over 200 grateful dead show...why? because the musicians were willing to make a mistake and fall flat on there face and keep going...it is an honor and priveledge for someone to share that level of intimacy and risk with you...so let it rip...

so why do i say this...well...everyone relax....everyone in class is pulling for you...truly...music is a team sport...and we are all in it together...

i am not attached to recording, however i offer the option to you because i know that when you listen back, you get better...i want to hear myself back so i can improve...we all can...

now, judgement...to become a better player, one must listen and practice, but negative judgements will be the death of you...it will stifle your own playing...you'll end up with some sort of dis ease....if you know what i mean...

i am learning big time and if there is anything i can do to help or be of service, please contact me anytime

david lichterman
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • davidl13
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 15 years 5 months ago by davidl13.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds