Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Encouragement from fellow class attendees.......

Encouragement from fellow class attendees....... 14 years 4 weeks ago #3012

During our Wednesday (4/14/10) class I had a great experience. During our practice session in a small group I got such positive reinforcement, encouragement, and support from my classmates. It was fun, and took away some of the jitters about getting up in front of everybody. Thank You!!!
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Encouragement from fellow class attendees...... 14 years 4 weeks ago #3013

You're doing great!! Just take little steps at first....and be positive!!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Encouragement from fellow class attendees...... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3031

Being in the small practice group was also very helpful for me. In my group, we played a couple of tunes together from start to finish and that helped me get warmed up for the larger group. It was also fun just playing with a small group without having to worry about being "on the spot."

Re:Encouragement from fellow class attendees....... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3032

Mompodell - I think that the whole class would be interested in your warm up technique of "praying to the violin gods". It seems to have worked very effectively for you last week.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:Encouragement from fellow class attendees...... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3033

Aw, shucks, Kmando....Yes, I prayed that my fiddle would not turn to jello.....and for once the prayers were answered... Thanks for noticing......
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Encouragement from fellow class attendees....... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3039

I think practiing in small groups before performing is really productive. It allows us to warm up, even though we may end up playing something else with other people, it still prepares us, rather than getting up there cold. I think it gives the newer students a chance to get the hang of the routine and helps them to get comfortable with the others.
When I first started that was always the routine and I think it helped me tremendously to feel more secure and confident, mistakes and all.

Also, I was very excited to win the drawing last week and love the Kruger Bros. cd "Forever and a Day"....It's a great cd. Most of the songs are their own compositions, but they did include a Dylan tune "Don't Think Twice" which is one of my favorites, and "Snowbird" which was a hit by Anne Murray, another one of my favorites. So I think the Kruger Bros. and I have very similar musical tastes. Thanks Stacey !!!!!!:laugh:
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds