Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The awkwardness of learning............

Re:The awkwardness of learning............ 14 years 1 month ago #2881

Practice time has been tough to come by at times but even if I get 5 minutes spare time I try to use it instead of nothing at all. The class is a great break from a VERY hectic life. I do see myself improving, and the class is great exposure to music. I know that I am taking something positive away from class. I read in Fretmentor's blog about music as therapy. It is a very strong piece, and I see class as a kind of therapy. Brings me back to reality, and to a more peaceful place. Even the pressure to perform is better than work pressures for sure.
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:The awkwardness of learning............ 14 years 1 month ago #2886

Ditto! in response to Lawrence....(I don't care if Dave doesn't count this as a response!)
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by mompodell. Reason: response was not posted to the correct post..

Re:The awkwardness of learning............ 14 years 1 month ago #2888

Just a brief comment to the performing class:

Playing in front of others is a difficult thing to do. However, none of you should ever take the class so seriously that you would choose not to come and participate. Keep in mind that you will always make mistakes, no matter how hard you practice. Making mistakes is not a big deal. The class offers you an opportunity to develop your skills in front of an audience. That experience is invaluable and is not available to everyone (especially to those who play at home on their own). All of you make excellent contributions to the group and have performed admirably. So keep up the good work and keep up the faith.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50

Re:The awkwardness of learning............ 14 years 1 month ago #2889

Thank You! Without encouragement from Fretmentor I would not be in the class at all. Mistakes are what we learn from right?
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay

Re:The awkwardness of learning............ 14 years 1 month ago #2893

To answer for the fretmentor - right, yes and of course that's how we learn by making mistakes.

Just don't let it happen more than twice, otherwise we'll all have to twist your arm and injure you like what happened to Tigerpaws!

That's a joke or else everyone would need physical therapy.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:The awkwardness of learning............ 14 years 1 month ago #2901

and I am missing my torture time SO much...(getting in front of the class, playing impromptu, even theory!) this broken arm, to put it in my nephew's words,SUCKS! :angry: Can't wait to heal and be back:kiss:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds