Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Adding some new songs to the list

Adding some new songs to the list 14 years 2 months ago #2504

Is anyone else getting into any other bluegrass songs beyond the standard playlist? I'm thinking songs like Salt Creek and Red Haired Boy and maybe some of the others that Dave has been playing at the beginning of class. Maybe if we can drum up enough interest in a particular song or two Dave will add it to the list. Not that I've mastered all the existing songs.... but I am having a good time with Salt Creek......
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Adding some new songs to the list 14 years 2 months ago #2508

Great idea, but it takes so long to get 1 tune down. I'm comfortable with Simple Gifts, Amazing Grace,Will the Circle, and need work on Fly Away. It takes so long to get proficient at these. This is my 4th (i think) rotation thru the Bluegrass class, and feel like i have a long way to go. But some of this is due to my lack of a dedicated practice regimen. I've been hit and miss on the practice, which is my lack of time management. I'll fix that tho. I just need to be alittle more stingy with my practice time.
I'm now working on the leads to Soldier's Joy and Arkansas Traveler.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Adding some new songs to the list 14 years 2 months ago #2509

I have to agree with dave2311. I thought I was comfortable with a few songs before I started taking lessons and learned that I was not playing them correctly. Now I‘m not comfortable playing any because I am trying to use the correct techniques, which means learning the songs all over again. It’s a little frustrating. :dry:
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Adding some new songs to the list 14 years 2 months ago #2513

Watch what you ask for....when I told Dave that I wanted to learn "When the Saints go Marching in"...he made me figure it out myself....:woohoo: I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to do so....guess I need some "pushing" or maybe "shoving" :laugh: out of my comfort zone!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Adding some new songs to the list 14 years 2 months ago #2514

Perhaps Paul, you could play Salt Creek and Red Haired Boy solo for us .... in the interest of strumming up support for your proposal...:)
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Adding some new songs to the list 14 years 2 months ago #2537

I can take you up on that for "Salt Creek'........ Not quite yet for Red haired boy.... but give me a couple of weeks.......maybe we can do a duet --- whaddya think?
  • palkan22
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds