Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COMEDY OF ERRORS!

COMEDY OF ERRORS! 14 years 3 months ago #2395

Last night was not a full moon, as a matter of fact it was just a sliver, but by the way things were going...for me anyway, one would've thought something was going on. I was "assigned" Simple Gifts which has been my "assignment" for the last 4 weeks.....I can play this tune with my eyes closed yet last night when I got to the second verse no string was being "plucked" correctly....couldn't understand it until I looked at my right hand (the one that usually does things right!) and I noticed my bandage's velcro had caught my jacket (yes, I was cold) and wasn't letting me stretch it properly....lesson to be learned here....keep room warm :P . Then when I was assigned to the impromptu group "Fly Away", Kmando who rarely messes up could not come up with the second verse...he tried....twice ...to no avail...passes it to Brian who I notice lifts his leg...I was surprised but that's our sign for ending the song....so I raised my leg and asked "you want to end it"...he seemed to have noded yes...so I ended it but he kept playing....then he noticed I stopped so he starts his ending...by now I'm playing again and Mutzi is saying she wants the lead....but Brian being the Banjo (loud) ended it and we all followed....Turned out he wasn't raising his leg to end the song....he was stretching.....but I misread it....and so it goes....The other groups seemed to be having "casualties" too so I'm sure Dave has a zillion lessons for us to learn here...what I learned is "Don't stretch during your song" "keep the room warm" so I don't have to be all bundled up and watch out for Sliver Moons...:woohoo:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:COMEDY OF ERRORS! 14 years 3 months ago #2405

Ah yes another mortifying Wednesday. Sorry about the misque. I don't do the leg thing I was just trying to relax a bit. Bad went to worse, It's a good thing I have a day job. No harm done, have to laugh.

Same thing happened with me with Dark Hollow. Started off and asked Muzie if she was going to take the lead. she responded that she didn't know. Then after her lead I figured is was my turn and then she started singing. I plowed ahead, neither of us stopped and the rest was history.

My errors last week seemed less musical and more interpersonnel. Is that good or bad???

Can hardly wait for this week. More opportunities to strech my repetoire of screw ups!!!
  • brilind

Re:COMEDY OF ERRORS! 14 years 3 months ago #2411

Well it happened to me last night. Lawrence was taking the lead in Simple Gifts and I thought he was half way through when Paul gave me a nod to take the lead, so I did. Lawrence looked up at me as if to say “I wasn’t through” but I continued and then couldn’t find the notes I was supposed to play until the song “came around again” (Arlo). Sorry Lawrence. :unsure:
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder

Re:COMEDY OF ERRORS! 14 years 3 months ago #2413

I think we all did "perty good" last night. Yes, we had some rough starts but every group managed to hold on and put the song together. In our group we had a tough time communicating who was going to take the first break. We did not have time to do our "closed door deal making". Next time I may just jump in and see what happens. Ending wildwood flower is also a problem. A shave and a haircut just doesn't quite fit. One group did a real nice gradual slow down type ending. PS: Kudos to Mutzie's guitar work.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:COMEDY OF ERRORS! 14 years 3 months ago #2414

Well add me to this list. I nodded to Jim B to take the first lead (great communication...for once) in John Hardy and immediately missed it....duh....then had to catch up to it.....oh well...best intentions...
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Last Edit: 14 years 3 months ago by edbird.

Re:COMEDY OF ERRORS! 14 years 3 months ago #2415

Lawrence was a star... great job!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds