Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: KUDOS!

KUDOS! 14 years 4 months ago #2357

Kudos to Lawrence last night! Although he wasn't able to come up with the lead as he had wanted to ....he never quit trying.....I for one would've thrown in the towel...so there's a lesson to be learned here. Just think when it all comes together...his perseverance and the skill....It's just a matter of time. :) Keep Picking!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:KUDOS! 14 years 4 months ago #2358

Yes, i agree totally. It's all about being comfortable up there playing, which comes with repetitive playing. I'm just now getting to the point where Dave can voice critiques and suggestions when playing, and feel comfortable with it. One thing i like about this class is it takes you out of your comfort zone, and i think it makes you a better player. Kudos for trying under pressure!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:KUDOS! 14 years 4 months ago #2366

Thank you for your words of encouragement. Performing with others is kind of the point of the class, but I think the thing that bothers me the most is performing in front of others, especially performing leads. I keep reminding myself that it's not such a big deal, but I seem to still make it a big deal anyway. I think the more I try to perform, the better I will get, but it is a challenge. SO, it helps to get some other perspectives on performing. :)

Re:KUDOS! 14 years 4 months ago #2370

Our group had the good fortune of being led by SAM, who was patient with me, Jim and Lawrence. He made it all come together!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:KUDOS! 14 years 3 months ago #2382

I agree. Encouragement is a great thing...especially when your just learning....sometimes for me, it's about the only thing to hang your hat on..heh heh...after a particularly botched song...so when you look up from playing and see the grins of encouragement...or congrats after class...its very appreciated.
Tenacity is also a great thing to see. Seeing someone slip and slide through a song with courage...as Lawrence did...or jump into the musical fray...as Stacy does...and others do....has to motivate a fellow musician regardless of their level of competence. It's inspiring!
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:KUDOS! 14 years 3 months ago #2385

What amazes me is that even though each and every one of us has to wrestle with our own demons when we get out in front of the class, we continue to do so in what seems to be such an enjoyable fashion. A lot of what allows us to put forth our best effort each Wednesday is that this group generates a feeling of acceptance and appreciation no matter at what level any one person plays, and that kind of atmosphere is key to letting us push ourselves to improve. It's never "finals" night! And I AM working on my UP-DOWN , or is that DOWN-UP, picking Dave!
  • Hogpaws
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds