Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: OUR OWN LITTLE HOLIDAY BASH!

OUR OWN LITTLE HOLIDAY BASH! 14 years 4 months ago #2256

Last night's class was fun. Dave, thanks for providing us with time to celebrate. I have one week to learn all the Christmas songs you have provided us with...(like that's going to happen. :P ) Anyway the festivities were really enjoyed, especially since I won 3 times! But....I think there was a conspiracy although I haven't figured it out yet as I CHOSE the gift...but my first gift was a THEORY BOOK! Anyone that knows me knows how I fight theory....as a child I would choose practicing 20 times each piece rather than sitting down with the theory stuff...Guess I'll have to at least try to read this one. Thanks to our new fiddle gentleman who brought a cookie bag for each of us....(I had to fight Sam for my Gingerman....He thinks that anything ginger should be his, of course, I think that anything chocolate should be mine....) but we all left with at least a cookie bag...Really enjoyed it! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and Happy New Year to ALL! and of course HAPPY PICKING! :laugh:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:OUR OWN LITTLE HOLIDAY BASH! 14 years 4 months ago #2259

I agree! Last night's class was alot of fun......I didn't even mind being shown up by Buck's granddaughter Chloe. (I had not learned Jingle Bells yet).....And I ate my cookies in the car on the way home, so i wouldn't have to share them! Delicious....thanks Jim! Happy everything to everyone..
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder

Re:OUR OWN LITTLE HOLIDAY BASH! 14 years 4 months ago #2266

I third the motion that it was a great party. Everyone seems to have had a good time and Buck's grandaughter is adorable. Any possibilities of drafting her into the class? Also the violin she played is so cute I'd like to get one, however I have enough problem with the small frets on the mandolin.

The baked goods were fantastic and I got enough coconut balls to last me through the evening.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked

Re:OUR OWN LITTLE HOLIDAY BASH! 14 years 4 months ago #2272

I agree: the Holiday Bash was lots of fun. The best part for me was getting thru "White Christmas", but I really wanted to try. It was one of the first christmas songs I got when I started lessons 3 years ago, so it only took me 3 years to learn that much. But still, I felt it was an accomplishment.
The cookies were delicious, I ate too many brownies and didn't get any coconut balls, but I love my little guitar playing cat, Tigerpaws, as well as my other present. I still can't find the guitar strings I got, but hopefully they'll turn up.
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder

Re:OUR OWN LITTLE HOLIDAY BASH! 14 years 4 months ago #2273

Agree completely. Lot's of fun. Great to be part of such a nice group of people!!!!
  • brilind

Re:OUR OWN LITTLE HOLIDAY BASH! 14 years 4 months ago #2274

I have to agree, the party was great with just wonder people. I was just a little disapointed that we did't play "Bile them Cabbage" as stated in the e-mail. I practiced it all week. Oh well, it's not the first time the Fretmentor had us do something different, is it. It keeps it fun and interesting. Thanks Dave. Happy Hollidays too all.:)
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds