Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WHO KNEW!!???

WHO KNEW!!??? 14 years 5 months ago #2175

We spent Thanksgiving Day at the hospital with my mom...By "we" I mean my family...we brought our ham and turkey dinners up to her room (from the cafeteria) and made the most of it...It was really quite nice as we could see my mom improving. Sam and I became the "entertainment" with my "Mandy" and my "Marty" (I don't leave home without them...or Stanley/dog) Anyway as we were going through our tunes and started playing "Cabbage" one of my nephews started singing along...something about a worm....seems that he learned it at school when he was younger....Blew us away....we could not stop laughing...and you need to see my nephew....looks like a linebacker for the Saints! and singing the worm song just really made the day! Again, thanks Dave....for making me "perform" in front of others...:) Twice now I've been able to lift loved ones spirits!!!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:WHO KNEW!!??? 14 years 5 months ago #2178

I don't think I've lifted any spirits lately, but I have had a few opportunities recently to play at home in front of friends and felt relatively comfortable doing so. I enjoyed their interest and their feedback, whether they were just trying to make me feel good I don't know, but they actually seemed impressed with my present level of skill. I guess they were just surprised that I could play at all.....and me too !!!! So the weekly lessons and performance class has certainly paid off.
I started 3 years ago with a used store bought guitar and knowing basically nothing, with no previous musical background, other than my own appreciation for music. Even though I'm often discouraged by my performance in class, and for the most part have trouble with leads, and at times mess up the rhythm, compared to 3 years ago, I can actually play
something !!!! So I'm struggling to get over my present slump and once more have fun learning and playing the guitar. I guess those moments when I can play for my friends and family, as well as for myself, are my reward. Though I wish I could do better in class.:unsure:
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds