Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Preclass Jammimg Is FUN!

Preclass Jammimg Is FUN! 14 years 8 months ago #1816

Having returned to the group performance three weeks ago after a six months hiatus, revealed some very positive changes. My favorite is the addition of the half-hour jam session that precedes the official lesson session. Here Dave introduces a couple of new songs on a very informal, jam styled basis. Very enjoyable and very informative. If you don't currently participate, you may be missing out on something several of us really enjoy. Give it a try.......come early!
  • JimJoyce
  • Junior Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Preclass Jammimg Is FUN! 14 years 8 months ago #1822

Definitely worth coming early for. I always enjoy learning a new song or two.
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Preclass Jammimg Is FUN! 14 years 8 months ago #1824

Originally, this started as a student idea to jam in the parking lot before class. Dave stepped up, and offered to come in early for this jam, when, in my opinion, he really didn't need to. Remember, technically our class starts @ 7:45, and thats what we pay for. If you add up all the times Dave is there early, it like getting 2 extra classes free. It just shows the passion he has for music, and his willingness to share it with others. If i walk away with an 1/8th of what Dave puts out, then i'm way better than i was before.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Preclass Jammimg Is FUN! 14 years 8 months ago #1839

I agree with Dave about Dave (hows that one). Dave J doesn't have to show up early and lead us with new and differant songs, But he does and I think its's great. I have to admit that I would be totaly lost if he didn't call out the chords or just the numbers now that I know more about the Nashville system. I injoy jaming to new tunes even though when I get home I know I need to practice the class material.
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds