Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: recording our class

recording our class 14 years 8 months ago #1754

Come on people. How terrible can it be. I think it's a good idea. Let's at least try it once. I think the benifit would offset any mortifying humiliation, don't you.
Thanks!
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:recording our class 14 years 8 months ago #1756

I'm in. I had too much fun last night to not try it. I've had my share of mess-ups and honestly, nobody cares if you mess up. This isn't a talent contest. I, personally, think I have grown a lot since starting Dave's class. I work on my weak points after having a bad performance and if recording is going to bring out another one then, I'M IN!
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:recording our class 14 years 8 months ago #1759

Very necessary to get better. Can be shocking but it is the best way to improve.
  • brilind

Re:recording our class 14 years 8 months ago #1761

I don't have any issues with sound recording. I not too keen on video. We recorded once before, Dave sent the mp3s and asked us to rate each performance in an e-mail. It didn't go over well with that class, but I think it was the rating issue more than the reocrding.
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 14 years 8 months ago by screendude. Reason: typo

Re:recording our class 14 years 8 months ago #1783

Let's try it. Maybe not immediately but, maybe a few classes down the road. It'll give us something to shoot for. I'm actually ready now 'cause I want to see what I need do work on: audibly or visually.
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 14 years 8 months ago by george.

Re:recording our class 14 years 8 months ago #1786

I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other with regard to recording a group session as long as the information is useful and not too much of a time burden. My question is: how will the recording be used? Will it help me understand all of my weaknesses (there are plenty)? Will the recording be of sufficient quality to hear all instruments clearly so that it will be truly useful? Assuming each of the usual five groups agrees to be recorded, what will be done with the recordings and accessibility to them? Will the recording be used for the individual to aid in his/her own playing, or for other things......like group ratings?
The biggest advantage to recording as I see it is it can (not necessarily will) give a good feedback, like instant reply on sports, that one may not be aware of regarding his/her playing with others.......but if the quality is not there, it may be misleading if the mistakes aren't discernible.
  • JimJoyce
  • Junior Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds