Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rating Sheets

Rating Sheets 14 years 8 months ago #1750

I found the rating sheets that Dave developed to be a much better teaching tool than I had anticipated. It forced me to observe the other groups in the aspects outlined and not just listen to the music and enjoy.

Yes it is a pain to fill them out but the process was really good. I think as we go on we all will become better at "judging" and picking up on the nuances of performance which can only help our play.

Thanks. Dave.
  • brilind
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rating Sheets 14 years 8 months ago #1755

Yes, absolutely, it's a great tool. The categories to judge are broad and basic and in judging others it helps one's self to pay attention to his or hers group as you perform yourself. Above all, it elevated the excitement and my be the catylist that brings the class together as students of music. We all want to be better and that's why I'm willing to be recorded so I'll be pushed harder. I'm having so much fun I can care less if I flub a song (like I did last night)!:laugh:
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Rating Sheets 14 years 8 months ago #1757

Can the rating sheets be consolidated to just one page?

Maybe a grid? I found three sheets a bit awkward to handle.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Rating Sheets 14 years 8 months ago #1758

Yes, the sheets are awesome, but 3 is much. An excel format would be better since excel handles cells and columns better. The things to be graded could go across the top, the group names down the side, or vice versa, create cells, then put the grades in. When Dave enters the final ratings, it should automatically do the math.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Rating Sheets 14 years 8 months ago #1760

I was prone to resist the grading sheet concept at first, but I have to agree with Dave231 (and his rabbit) if the format could be refined then it should be a great tool for better awareness and improvement.
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds