Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ALL I EVER NEEDED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN...?????

ALL I EVER NEEDED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN...????? 14 years 8 months ago #1690

One of the first things I had to learn in one of my "education motivational workshops" was the poem by Robert Fulghum "All I ever needed to know I learned in kindergarten". Don't remember it word for word anymore but the gist of it I still remember...."work with others....share...be nice....put things back where you found them"...etc...Well I now see a new version of this poem...ALL I EVER NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT PERFORMING WITH OTHERS I LEARNED IN DAVE'S BLUEGRASS CLASS"....
Last night was a perfect example.....Playing slow is HARD when you are used to a faster speed....Playing slow is NICE when less experienced people are in your group....Messing up is excruciating....at first....Messing up after a while is just part of life ....and we survive...Playing with more experienced people is intimidating....at first....After a while playing with more experienced people is a great challenge and fun...Having a "mental glitch" at the early stages is mortifying....having a "mental glitch" later on and recovering will eventually come and it's very satisfying when we are able to "recover"......So, class was fun again last night and I see that I'm seeing it from a different perspective now....I'm not the one that "panics" anymore, although it wasn't too long ago that I was that person....but I now can recognize it in others....Just hang in there....You'll see, all you ever need to know you will learn here....performing with others. ;)
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds