Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Old habits are hard to break???

Old habits are hard to break??? 14 years 10 months ago #1344

This is my second summer taking the Bluegrass class and I'm noticing a pattern here....some of my classmates take the summer off. I suppose this comes from our youth and "summer time" off from school. I know that in my 35 years of teaching I never taught Summer School, no way, that was my time to recoup and enjoy and just chill. I also know that some activities do need time off to rebuild, like body building and....uh....let's see...can't think of any other...but for me, if I don't use it I lose it...so if I took the summer off poor Dave would have to start all over again with me...so I stick with it year round. Besides, I've grown to enjoy my weekly portion of "humbling pie" :P Hopefully, I'll see you "vacationers" in the Fall :kiss:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Last Edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Tigerpaws. Reason: spelling error ...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Old habits are hard to break??? 14 years 10 months ago #1353

I appreciate breaks every now and again. One of my favorite hobbies is drag racing. I've been driving race cars for almost 20 years, and we race for points and money. It's usually every other Saturday, and as hot as it's been, i like the occasional rainout. Especially when you have 2 cars to work on, it gets busy.
Thats why i appreciate music, it calms the soul and is very relaxing. And there is so much to it, you don't really need to take a break, just learn something different. It's quite a change from a helmet, firesuit and 600 horsepower!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds