Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Electric Mandolin

Electric Mandolin 12 years 6 months ago #6051

Yesterday (Sunday)...I went to the Guitar Store on Okeechobee Blvd. to buy some strings.

It's fun to explore the store and play around when you go there. I started playing their 2 mandolins...one was an electric mandolin. I knew they existed, but have never had the opportunity to try one. The Mgr. hooked it up to a speaker for me and turned it on....I was in the back room where people go to try out guitars...but the speaker was loud enough that you could hear it at least out into the main part of the store...it was really cool...even tho it was just a cheapy starter electric mandolin...it was a blast to play....
Now I want one:)
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Electric Mandolin 12 years 6 months ago #6053

You didn't buy it???? :ohmy: You have more willpower than me....I would've probably walked out with it.....:woohoo:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder

Re:Electric Mandolin 12 years 6 months ago #6058

I know... the spirit of spontaniety almost got me, too...but if I'm going to get one...I want to know more about its quality....have something to compare it to...:)

Does anybody else have one...what can you share?
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Electric Mandolin 12 years 6 months ago #6059

You know, Consumer Reports really needs to start rating these instruments. :) :laugh:

Seriously, I have seen ratings online for lots of nstruments. If you know the brand and model number, you can type it into Google and it will probably give you more reviews than you know what to do with. But they often includes both professional and "consumer" reviews,which can each be helpful in their own way.

Re:Electric Mandolin 12 years 6 months ago #6066

Dcone, the acoustic room at that particular guitar shop is alot of fun to hang out in. I go back there to play some of the high end Martins and Taylors that i won't be buying anytime soon.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Electric Mandolin 12 years 5 months ago #6109

I always have fun going to that store. Trying all the different brands, types and styles. Yep that's a good way to spend some time on a Saturday afternoon.
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder
Last Edit: 12 years 5 months ago by espian.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds