Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Blues Class

Blues Class 15 years 2 weeks ago #652

Dave,not sure if you asked...:unsure: i know you mentioned it in class, if you are starting a list for a blues class, put my name on it. I know you said you're designing the curriculum. I think i would substitute bluegrass for blues. While i would love to do both, not sure if time would permit it.:unsure: Bluegrass is fun, but blues is the foundation of rock, which is the style i prefer. :woohoo:
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Blues Class 15 years 2 weeks ago #656

If and when a blues class is developed, I would not do it if the result would be to take away participants from the bluegrass class. The studio rate for the bluegrass class is small due to the continued class size. If students selected one class over the other (as you just mentioned) and as a result, reduced the class size, then the fee for both such classes would have to go up.

At a beginners level of play, the important thing is to get valuable playing experience with and in front of others. The style of music should not be the most important priority if you are learning to play for the first time.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50

Re:Blues Class 15 years 2 weeks ago #657

Listen, i will be as short and as articulate as possible! I love bluegrass! Nuff said....
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:Blues Class 15 years 1 week ago #680

I would be interested in seeing a blues class. I also believe the performance bluegrass class is essential for being at ease playing in a group. Two different things really. Let's have both!
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds