Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: wanna learn a fingerstyle tune?

wanna learn a fingerstyle tune? 14 years 1 week ago #2775

Better watch Tommy play it first.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:wanna learn a fingerstyle tune? 14 years 1 week ago #2798

Dave2311, this video exibits the passion that I feel in my own playing. Although my playing is not performance level, my passion is very high! I love playing and am so motivated after Fretmentor classes. This last class had lack-luster performances (including mine) but, I came out so motivated! I love seeing smiling faces regardless...
My class group individual practice of 15 minutes prior to performing was fun and then being thrown into a surprising mix-person performance with others was very stretching. This, in tandum with my more regimented home practices, is really making a difference for me.
  • george
  • Gold Boarder

Re:wanna learn a fingerstyle tune? 14 years 1 week ago #2804

George, i wanted to learn Classical Gas, just because it's a good excercise in fingerpicking. But seeing Tommy Immanuel play it, just blew me away. It's not just playing, he became one with the tune, and he did some things with an acoustic guitar that i didn't think possible.
Your assessment of the Fretmentor is correct. One thing i appreciate about the Fretmentor is his passion for music, and his willingness to teach what he knows, and isn't affraid to challenge us. Regardless if my playing is off or on, i always come away with something, whether it's from some of the more experienced players, or the fretmentor himself. He just keeps me coming back for more.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:wanna learn a fingerstyle tune? 14 years 1 week ago #2814

That was cool performance. Near the beginning, he was moving so fast, it didn't even seem like his fingers were touching the strings. And I really liked the way he used the guitar as a rhythm instrument. I agree that I did not think you could do some of that with an acoustic guitar. It's really quite inspiring (and daunting). Thanks for sharing the clip.

Re:wanna learn a fingerstyle tune? 14 years 1 week ago #2817

That man is a sick player....he used the guitar, his forehead, the microphone for percussion. What i thought was cool was the guitarist that was sitting off to the side was just looking in awe as he was playing. At one point, it looked like Tommy was inviting him to play along, but i don't think the guy knew how to jump in and follow him....who could hang with that? Just awesome.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:wanna learn a fingerstyle tune? 14 years 6 days ago #2829

wow, I don't think anyone could have jumped in with him on that. I'd have trouble just keeping up with the percussion.
  • espian
  • Expert Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds