Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Am I going backwards?

Re:Am I going backwards? 13 years 4 months ago #4648

Thank you to everyone for the encouragement and advice. I really appreciate it! I have been busy with work, kids, and holidays, not to mention another whole list of personal things. It has all begun to seem like work. Well not all literally, but to a certain degree. Anyways....... I am trying, and will hopefully be at class on wednesday. I may have a couple of kids tagging along for a visit but I will try to be there.
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Am I going backwards? 13 years 4 months ago #4663

Do you get to practice regularly? Sometimes even just picking up the banjo (or a guitar, or mandolin, or whatever is handy) for even 5 minutes can help. A few stolen minutes can help both mentally and physically.

This may run against more official advice, but I always have an uncased instrument or two (or 5) on a stand where I can just pick it up and play it if the mood strikes me. Whether or not it is safe or practical for you to leave an instrument out is up to you. Sometimes, if it's in the case I won't bother, but if it's out, I'll play.
  • ckinzel

Re:Am I going backwards? 12 years 11 months ago #5274

I still feel a touch like I am going backwards. Perhaps not backwards but marking time for sure. Continuing classes, and practice when I can. Life will come full circle as some point. However 36 hours in a day would be pretty awesome.
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds