Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Am I going backwards?

Am I going backwards? 13 years 3 months ago #4622

I am going through a slightly crazy time in my life and have not been able to attend class or lessons as regularly. I feel like I am slipping backwards. How does one combat this, and not feel a touch discouraged? Would love to hear how others have dealt with life's little bumps in the road and the effect on your music?
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Am I going backwards? 13 years 3 months ago #4626

Stop stressing over it. You do what you can. We all go through this with periods of not being able to play. Just remember it's about FUN and shouldn't cause stress. You'll get back to it. If you try too hard while you're too busy or stressed it is counterproductive and not fun. Although sometimes even five minutes of playing something you like can be a de-stressor!!
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:Am I going backwards? 13 years 3 months ago #4634

Lesliek I too am going through this....just remind yourself that this period will soon end and life will get back to "normal"...(whatever that is! :P )and you'll get your routine back!
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Am I going backwards? 13 years 3 months ago #4638

It's funny, but the things that I really have to do seem to get done; the things that I really want to do, I make time for; but the things I think I want to do, but can make convenient excuses not to do, never get done! Is it just me?B)
  • screendude
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Am I going backwards? 13 years 3 months ago #4639

I have all ways said 24 hours in a day is too short, it really should be 36 hours in each day. That would be perfect for me.
  • sparks
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Am I going backwards? 13 years 3 months ago #4643

Try to find 30 minutes a day and during that time the only thing that matters is you and the instrument and the music. Dont focus on where you think you ought to be musically or whether you gone backwards. Just remeber that the 1st time you strummed a banjo there was a spark of magic that made you pursue the instrument. You need to nourish that and that alone. Dont let all the other "stuff" get in the way and in time things will work out.
  • martinezg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds