Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Jim Mill's New Banjo Book

Jim Mill's New Banjo Book 14 years 6 months ago #1975

Hey banjo pickers and others who might be interested in bluegrass history. Jim Mills, banjo player extraordinaire for the Ricky Skaggs and Kentucky Thunder band, has just got his new banjo book on the market. The book is "Gibson Mastertone Flathead 5-String Banjos of The 1930s and 1940s" by Jim Mills, published by Centerstream Publishing. I ordered an autographed copy a couple of months ago and have enjoyed it immensely. Jim describes with text and photos some of the fantastic pre WWII Gibson Mastertone Banjos used by the first generation banjo greats who established the bluegrass banjo standard of excellence, including Earl Scruggs, Don Reno, Sonny Osborne, JD Crowe and others. The book is $45 plus $5 S&H, and I believe will be a collector's item someday (especially if autographed).

If you're interested,contact Jim at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Tell Jim I recommended his book to you and ask him to autograph it for you. I will bring my copy Wed. pm if you care to take a quick peek.
  • JimJoyce
  • Junior Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds