Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Banjo Influences Practicing?

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 2 months ago #2484

I bought a Sullivan Festival last year and this instrument made a huge difference in my willingness to practice. I began with a starter banjo where the strings seemed to be an inch above the frets. The sullivan is easier to play and has a beautiful ring...makes practicing more enjoyable. Try to spend about an hour each night with the instrument practicing one song at a time and drilling chord changes. Daily progress is slow but others say they can see the improvement. I actually look forward to practicing now.
  • brozcom
  • Fresh Boarder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 2 months ago #2486

burn that midnight oil and you will see good results.
  • jim
  • Senior Boarder
  • jim bennett

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 1 month ago #2780

Practice,practice,practice
does anybody in the group get together with other members on occasion to practice any of the songs that we work on?I think if some time was spent practicing a few select songs it would be a great help.
  • timgivens
  • Senior Boarder

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 13 years 9 months ago #3569

Is it just me or are the long hot days of summer making it hard for anyone else to keep up the evening practicing? One thing I do know if I don't practice regualary it shows when Wednesday night class comes.
  • Buck
  • Senior Boarder

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 13 years 9 months ago #3581

I just wanted to say to all guys and girls that showed up last night for Wednesday class that all are 1st class. It was great jamming and even though I was a weak link I wasn't intemidated. Fetmentor passed on to me enough confidence to go and enjoy myself to be challenged and have fun. I'm there to stay with some interruptions and musicality is not my speacilty but the banjo challenges me greatly and my grandchildren are my audience and I'll keep doing Wednesday nights to do the best of my abilty, but it's its a hard performance. It does keep me trying and it is affordable. You guys with fretmentor's push are good. David should be proud.
  • Buck
  • Senior Boarder

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 13 years 9 months ago #3584

You did just fine. I remeber looking your way and seeing you smiling and relaxed. I thought to myself that we were all having a pretty good time and that is what it is about. Enjoy the road even if it is bumpy at times.
  • brilind
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds