Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Banjo Influences Practicing?

Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 8 months ago #1619

I have been the worst at practicing in between Wednesday's sessions, but since I got my banjo, and of course knowing nothing about it, I've found that I actually sit down each day and practice learning the chords (presently major, minor, and 7ths) until some day I can play them at will, and Dave's exercises on the fingering techniques. But then, I actually pick up the guitar and practice with it as well! Who said you can never change your ways!
  • Hogpaws
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 8 months ago #1621

There is no doubt that a good instrument is very reinforcing.
  • brilind

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 7 months ago #1691

Couldn't agree more. I am new to this stuff as well, but when I went from a Gold Tone 250 to a Stelling practicing became an incredible experience. Keep it up

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 7 months ago #1853

I began in college with a long neck Gibson but it was tuned like a guitar. Played Kingston Trio, Limeliters, Peter, Paul and Mary with two other guys with guitars. Tried my own verson of clawhammer and it seemed to suffice. Many years later I gave that Gibson to a nephew who was majoring in music in college. Fast forward to the era of medicare, and I bought a $300. banjo with a label I couldn't quite read. It was awful, so I bought a Sullivan "Festival". What a difference...still can't play much but whatever it is I'm trying to play is easier and sounds better. Glad I did it!
  • brozcom
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 6 months ago #1972

When I was a kid I studied violin for several years and actually became good at playing simple songs without squeaking and squaking too much. I'm wondering if I would have a head start on fiddle because of my bow action??? Any fiddle players out there?
  • brozcom
  • Fresh Boarder

Re:Banjo Influences Practicing? 14 years 2 months ago #2481

I love to practice however life has been a bit uncooperative of late. I do know that practice takes me away from lifes craziness. A little more of that would be very nice.
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds