Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Now I'm in for it!

Now I'm in for it! 14 years 9 months ago #1500

Well, I wondered how hard it was to play banjo, and now Silvia has given me one for our anniversary! Looks like I won't be an expert on guitar OR banjo now, but plan on having fun on both. It'll be a while before I take lessons, but look forward to it. It's a Bill Sullivan special edition that Silvia found through Dave's help and advice from First Quality Music as well, and it looks really nice, with what I think is a great sound. Now I have to find a good strap to add to it. Was it really necessary that banjos were made so heavy???
  • Hogpaws
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Now I'm in for it! 14 years 9 months ago #1501

alright hogpaws! congrat on the new banjo. i am in the same boat. I am planning to start lessons in the fall, i hope. Let me know what kind of strap you come up with. I need one as well.
  • buzzart410
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Now I'm in for it! 14 years 9 months ago #1502

I really like the Huber Banjo strap since it does not use Chicago screws which you have to keep checking to make sure your banjo doesn't take a header (or tailer)

www.huberbanjos.com/2008/c_hardware_strap.htm

When are you bringing it to class????
  • brilind

Re:Now I'm in for it! 14 years 9 months ago #1504

Sam, you should try Chris' Sullivan Bardstown custom, if you want to see what a heavy banjo feels like. When they shippped it, I had to have one of the boys at work carry it out to my car. It's worth it, banjos are way cool!
  • pinky57
  • Gold Boarder

Re:Now I'm in for it! 14 years 8 months ago #1518

I think my 1983 Stelling will beat all on weight and punch.
  • brilind

Re:Now I'm in for it! 14 years 8 months ago #1548

I got a strap from First Quality that has ties at each end, seems to work good for me. I'm trying to learn the chords up and down the neck before I even think about lessons. Dave showed our nephew how his new beginner's banjo would feel like last week, and he gave him a short lesson which Daniel really paid attention to, thanks Dave! Well, I was paying attention also, so thanks again Dave. Jim Bennett had to come down to show me the right way to tie the strap, as I had forgotten what Dave told me - did I mention I WAS paying attention Dave? Just old age. Still waiting for my banjomate protector to come in.
  • Hogpaws
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds