Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Playing and practicing

Playing and practicing 12 years 2 months ago #6452

Over the holidays I spent a fair amount of time playing the guitar. I had friends and family around and played some Christmas songs and other songs for them and I also found practicing much easier than before for some reason. A couple of things have fallen into place lately in my brain that has made it easier for me to think about music (now if I could just get my fingers to follow what's in my head). Making it easier to play is what practice is all about for me now. So I have been trying to continue daily one-hour practices even after the time when I had a lot of time off. I do not always make it for an hour a day, but it always makes the theories I'm learning about music more practical. I've decided that's why i'm going to call it "practice.". :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Playing and practicing 12 years 2 months ago #6463

It IS practice if you're thinking about what you're doing. I'm on the road a bit and I am learning to call up the fretboard housed in my head.(the "fretebellum") And I'm listening to songs on the radio in a different way now - where's the IV, where's the V, where's the I, was that a pentatonic scale I just heard?
  • MMandy
Last Edit: 12 years 2 months ago by MMandy. Reason: did not want the smiley face there

Re:Playing and practicing 12 years 1 day ago #6609

I have had a lot of things happening that have prevented me from being in class over the last couple of months. I was out-of-town on vacation, then sick for long time. After I went on vacation, I expected that practicing upon my return would be difficult, that my fingers would hurt, that I would forget a lot. But this time, I found myself right back in a groove with my practices, as if I had not left. I did have some pain from my out-of-practice fingers, but my attitude had actually improved. A happy surprise! :)

Re:Playing and practicing 11 years 11 months ago #6618

Welcome back Ispencerini
  • dcone
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:Playing and practicing 11 years 11 months ago #6621

Amen!!:)
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds