Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GETTING AHEAD OF HIMSELF???

GETTING AHEAD OF HIMSELF??? 12 years 6 months ago #5946

We went to a Bluegrass Jam this past week and there's this fellow there that is obviously an awesome guitar player....however, he keeps trying to go faster and faster and it just doesn't sound very good....Last night he lost the rhythm each time he had the lead and it was very hard backing him up... I thought he was going to pass out...with his speed....but that seems to be his goal. I wish someone would tell him that slowing down even if just a bit would sound so much better.....but it won't be me, :P Every time he had his turn, when he was done his "friends" were complimenting him.......Maybe if he had a video of himself he would see it...:huh:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:GETTING AHEAD OF HIMSELF??? 12 years 6 months ago #5947

Having also attended this jam, I entirely agree with you. You may have also noticed that a few other lead players in this jam also have rhythm problems and many of the songs are played way too fast. I guess the world of jam music just isn't perfect - I'm not sure how to slow everyone down on some of the songs.

Representatives of the "Jupiterian Blue Grass Delegation" were omnious. "Samson" was his usual with strong and reliable rhythm and leads. Young Mr. "B" was doing great rhythm (in my left ear) and did a fabulous job of the "Salt Creek" lead on mandolin.

I know it was raining rather hard, but I think I saw chords to songs incised on the surrounding trees. Maybe just my imagination!
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds