Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Potential Blues Boys and Blues Gals

Potential Blues Boys and Blues Gals 14 years 1 month ago #2753

For any potential Blues wantabees, get familiar with Roy Bookbinder (The Book)if you aren't already aware of him. Roy is a Polk County, Florida resident when he's not touring the country.

Roy played with and studied under the Rev. Gary Davis and Pink Anderson during the 60s and 70s and has been recording and performing Piedmont Blues for the last 40 years. I would drive many hours to see him in concert and have been blessed to see him live at Augusta, the Bamboo Room, the FL. Folk festival and a couple of times a small club in Lakeland. In addition to the great Blues, singing, and songwriting you will love his humor and banter.

For a preview, look for some of his youtube clips. Just type in Roy Bookbinder and there will be plenty. Also catch his youtube clip where he instructs on how to do a Basic C Rag. Some of his great songs are "Traveling Man" and "Candy Man". He has several instructional CD on Homespun.
  • Kmando
  • User is blocked
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Potential Blues Boys and Blues Gals 14 years 1 month ago #2758

Hey Keith

I just signed up for my third trip to Fur PEace Ranch in October, it is Gary Davis Weekend and Roy will be one of the instructors. I have heard so many great things about him it will be great to meet him and hear him play. I'm not taking his class, though, (too advanced) but another one. One day I'll take his class.
  • edbird
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds