Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Student

Re:New Student 15 years 1 month ago #684

I'll bring a copy and give it to you. We can compare it, and see how you can transpose it for the mandolin. It's in the key of Am, the chords are Am, E, C, G. I'm not playing as fast as the time signature suggests, with 1/8th notes. i got bored with the arpeggio style finger picking, and tried strumming the chords, and it actually sounded good. I like the brighter tone from the pick's attack on the strings. My fingernails aren't long enough to get a bright tone when finger picking, plus i find myself moving my fingers out of their proper assignment with the strings. In my 2nd night of practice, i can noodle thru the 1st 6 measures. It's a fun tune, it will sound alot better with the proper timing.
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:New Student 15 years 1 month ago #687

Hey Dave2311, you didn't get it wrong...the name of the piece is "Fur Elise" a "Bagatelle in A minor" which Beethoven composed..Supposedly he wrote it for a lady (Therese I believe), that he wanted to marry but the lady didn't want to marry him..."Fur Elise" is German for: "For Elise"..one of the first pieces every piano player learns and wants to learn.....:cheer:
  • Tigerpaws
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3

Re:New Student 15 years 1 month ago #688

i did some research on Mr. Beethoven. it seems he was very creative with his female piano students. If he was attracted to them, supposedly he would give them real difficult pieces, so they would have to keep coming back. And you're right, he had an attraction to this Elise chick.....evidently, as you stated, the attraction wasn't mutual!
  • Dave2311
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave

Re:New Student 15 years 1 month ago #689

It really is "For Elise", though no one is really sure who Elise was -- it wasn't Ludwig's (public, anyway) partner at the time. Check out:

http://www.forelise.com

Or Google the history of the work.

-Chris
  • ckinzel
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds