Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CIRCLE WENT UNBROKEN!

Re:CIRCLE WENT UNBROKEN! 14 years 1 day ago #3207

I liked the circle jam as well, it seems to get past the times that a group sometimes has when the rhythm goes south -when that train leaves the station it's hard to get it back.
  • Hogpaws
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:CIRCLE WENT UNBROKEN! 14 years 20 hours ago #3210

I wasn't in class last week, so last night was my first time sitting in "the circle".....it was very interesting on several levels. It's very interesting to see who's paying attention and how involved we all seem to get in our own playing when taking the lead and forget that maybe others are looking and waiting expectantly to take the lead.:huh:

I think it's a very good way of expanding our involvement outside the small groups. I also think it takes some of the pressure off "performing" and enables us to perhaps play "better".....:unsure:

Anyway, it was fun and I, for one, would like it to continue....even if it eventually turns into one big group hug.:laugh:
  • Gogogal
  • Expert Boarder

Re:CIRCLE WENT UNBROKEN! 13 years 11 months ago #3220

Definitely a yes to the circle jam at the end of class. I think it helps develops a bond within the class as a whole, and removes performance anxiety and nerves. I had no idea what to do with Arkansas Traveler but I sat up there anyways. Probably because I feel comfortable with everyone. No fear of anyone being judgemental. The circle gives a chance to interact musically with everyone and to develop a level of comfort as a group.
  • lesliek
  • Expert Boarder
  • We are all important to someone.
Leslie Kay

Re:CIRCLE WENT UNBROKEN! 13 years 11 months ago #3234

Everyone wants you to be sucessful!
  • mompodell
  • Gold Boarder
  • Page:
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds