Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Strings

Re:Strings 13 years 3 months ago #4552

edbird,

Sorry, I didn't realize that you took your strings so... personally...:dry: Apparently, people who use Elixer Strings and PRS Guitars take it personally when you don't like their (this is a subjective statement now. Don't go gettin' confused and think I'm saying this is true for all poeple now)choices in gear, and tell you that it's a subjective thing (as long as you don't disagree with them).

I guess it's unfortunate that the "Holy Grail of All Strings" (queue Hallelujah chorus) THE MIGHTY ELIXER STRINGS OF AMAZINGNESS (that is sarcastic overstatement, in case you didn't catch it) don't work on your Guild. Guilds are some of the best guitars in the world... no offense to Gibson, there's nothing wrong with Gibsons, but they don't even compare to Guilds...

I use a Breedlove C25/SMe, and Elixers sound bad on it. If they sound good for you, by all means, use them. The OP asked me my opinion, that I had gained, from MY EXPERIENCE, on strings. So I gave it to him. Sorry for offending you.

Hoping for greater peace in the future,
Mr535 B)
  • Mr535
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Mr535.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Strings 13 years 3 months ago #4553

May I remind you all of the forum rules (see entire rules above). In particular .. please note the following

2. Please respect the right of other members to their opinions. You may disagree with their opinions, but personal attacks will not be tolerated. Racial, ethnic or religious slurs are prohibited.
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 50

Re:Strings 13 years 3 months ago #4561

Wow! Nice going, Mr535! You've been on for only a week or less, and you've already broken the rules!:angry:Maybe you should have your own mystery song group!:woohoo:Hey! Another oppurtunity to bring out the dunce cap! (He can be kind of agressive about his opinions sometimes; Trust me I'm his little sister:S.)
  • God bless the USA!
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Proud to be an American! God Bless the USA!!!
The Land of the free. The home of the brave.

Leviticus 25:10 \"...proclaim liberty throughout the land and to all of the inhabitants thereof...\"

..¸•*¨¯¨*•¸....¸•*¨¯¨*•¸God Bless
((....*•-•*¸*¸•*•-•*...))America
..*•.,¸_¸,.•´*.¸_¸,.•´Land that I love......
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by God bless the USA!.

Re:Strings 13 years 3 months ago #4580

I use D'Addario light its easier on the fingers, but I think the D'Addario medium have a better sound.
  • sparks
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Strings 13 years 3 months ago #4592

I am learning a lot from this thread: the same string sounds good on one guitar but not another(same owner), light and medium gauge have an affect on how one plays their ax, a string brand praised by one player:cheer: can be opposed by another:angry: which has prompted me to try the string that is trashed by a seemingly good player just to see why. I recently changed strings on my Yami (Yamaha FG 04 LTD). I used up some orphan strings laying around They are a combination of GHS, D'Addario, Martin, and accuwound, all lights. I like the it. Depending on where I play on the register, I get a theactrical(sp?) effect from one to another. I have found though that light strings don't have the exuberance of the mediums when I really attack 'em and I find that cross picking is more difficult. So my choice is and I will, as I said, contribute a set to our weekly drawing as well...D'Addario EXP 12's for my Yami AND Elixer 13's Phos/ Brz for my Guild.;) I do, however, have a set of Martin Brz 13's that I have'nt tried
  • george
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by george. Reason: Wanna try the Martins

Re:Strings 12 years 3 months ago #6334

Sound interesting. Will check it out.
Moderators: ckinzel
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds