Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ukulele Class #1

Ukulele Class #1 1 week 2 days ago #9799

Hello Everyone

It was a pleasure meeting all of you last night.

The following class summaries may be broken into two sections: 1. Children's Ukulele 2. Adult Ukulele. The summaries may be different depending on what may be covered in each class. So please refer to your specific class summary. The first classes were pretty similar this week

Tuning - I demonstrated to you how to tune your instrument. I identified to you the strings of the instrument.

Musical Alphabet - I explained to you the musical alphabet from A to G, including the sharps and flats.

Strumming was discussed and all students played a chord and strummed their instrument. We used a Down Strum, a Down Up Strum and an Up Strum. In the technique section, you will find a small video called "strum" Please watch this video.

Left Hand Technique - I demonstrated how to use each finger of the left hand. Please watch the video LeftHandFingers in the technique section of your materials.

Questions: What is the musical alphabet? What are the natural notes ? What are the in between notes referred to and how many of them are there? Between what two sets of noes will you not find sharps and flats?

What is the difference between the open and closed strings? What are the strings open and how are they numbered from 1 to 4?

Print out your chord charts for the next class.

Feel free to post and respond to any questions or comments below this post

See you soon.

FM
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ukulele Class #1 1 week 1 day ago #9801

Fret Mentor,

Is it appropriate to use a pick when playing the ukulele?
  • sarah99
  • Fresh Boarder

Ukulele Class #1 1 week 1 day ago #9803

You can use a pick if you prefer. Ukulele players do both, although a number of them use their fingers only. Sometimes the sound can be better with a pick. Buy Ukulele picks and not flat picks used for the guitar
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds