Music Theory & Appreciation Class # 5
2 weeks 6 days ago #9740
In class #5, we continued with the discussion on the Circle of 5ths
I explained how to make a Major Scale and a Minor Scale, first using the manual method with the pattern and then by using the Circle of 5ths
In our discussion, I explained the differences and the similarities in both the Major and the Minor scales.
Some discussion was made in relation to what modes are and how the modes relate to the scale..
Here are some questions (maybe one of you can take the time to respond with answers for the benefit of others in the group)
1. What is the pattern for a Major Scale
2. What is the pattern for the Minor Scale
3. What notes are common between the two scales?
4. What notes are different between the two scales.
5. How do you use the circle to determine both the Major and the Minor scales?