Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Banjo Class #5

Banjo Class #5 3 weeks 6 days ago #9733

Hello Everyone

In week 5 we addressed the following:

1. Roll technique. Each student played the forward roll. I then explained about other rolls that I want you to learn. Print out the Rolls Tablature file in the Technique section of your materials. We covered Roll #5 the Forward Backward roll I. At this point you should work on all ot the rolls on this page.

2. I then demonstrated how you can combine rolls as long as they do not end on a note that the next roll would start on. Once you work some of these basic rolls, I want you to combine them and play multiple rolls without stopping.

3. The melody line was discussed and I wrote out a single melody line on the board for the Ballad of Jed Clampett. I then demonstrated how that melody line can be inserted into rolls to form the song.

4. Finally we continued the first part of Dueling Banjos by playing the C and D bar parts that are similar to the open G part we covered in the prior week's class.

Be prepared to cover left hand technique in the next class. Print out the Left Hand Technique file from the Techniques Section.

See you soon.

FM
B)
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by Administrator.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Degmom
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds